EdgeFolk

Saturday, March 22, 2014

My Basket Leaks

All too often, when trying to work on one project, others will begin to jockey for attention. The story I am *supposed* to be writing keeps haring off into other directions, and scenes that don't fit in anywhere crop up at the most inconvenient times. For instance, it is difficult to jot down the really nifty idea when going sixty down the highway. But I manage.

After struggling to stay on-track, I've finally figured out why these odd scenes are flitting in and out, getting in the way of what I intended to write. They are from the NEXT story, which is, apparently, cooking away in my unconscious, and getting all over everything.

With that revelation, which is something of a relief, I can now clatter away at the keyboard, knowing that the stories will come, just not in any sort of order. Good thing I know how to herd cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment